Resources > Research
Google Our Mobile Planet: Mexico
May 15, 2012
A study done by Google, Ipsos OTX MediaCT amd TNS Infratest of smartphone users in Mexico and their habits.
The Our Mobile Planet study from Google, published in May 2012, offers a number of fascinating insights about Mexican smartphone users, including:
• Smartphone penetration is at 20% in Mexico—with population estimated at 113 million, this is a segment of 22.6 million consumers
• 66% of Mexicans access the Internet every day on their smartphones and 72% don’t leave home without them
• 84% of smartphone owners in Mexico research products or service on their phones and 26% have bought products using their phones
• 87% of smartphone owners in Mexico multitask with other media: 59% listen to music, 38% watch TV, 17% read newspapers or magazines
• 81% of Mexican smartphone owners watch online videos and 31% use videos once a day
• 91% of Mexican smartphone users look for local information on their phones and 88% take action as a result
• 62% of smartphone owners in Mexico make mobile purchases once a month and 33% expect to make more mobile purchases in the future
• 93% of smartphone users in Mexico notice mobile ads, 58% while on a web site, 42% while using a search engine and 31% while watching a video
• 83% of smartphone users in Mexico have performed a mobile search after seeing an ad
• 46% of Mexican smartphone owners only look at the first page of results
Click here and select “save as” to download the complete study.